Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, March

Turn Down The Noise



Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. Matthew 11:29



Noisy people don't hear from God. And we don't hear from Him when we are making noise, or wen everything around us is noisy. The only kind of noise you should have in the morning is my television program; thats all ( er, Im teasing here..) But don't turn on the radio or television just for noise.



Learn how to get comfortable being quiet. The Bible says, " But whoso hearkens to me (wisdom) shall dwell securely and in confident trust and shall be quiet, without fear or dread of evil" (Proverbs 1:33)












Linger in God's Presence



Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him. Psalm 37:7

Sometimes in our conferences, we just " hang out" in God's presence. We sing and worship Him, and soon we enjoy the freshness of His marvelous wonder.

When we sense God is working in people's hearts, we don't worry about our meeting schedule or agenda. We set everything aside to just enjoy His awesome power working among His poeple. Many who came feeling bad are refreshed, and the sick are healed during this time of worship and waiting on the Lord. It happens all the time ____ there is healing in God's presence.

If you fell discouraged, He will cheer you up. If you feel tired, He will strengthen you. Just sit in His presence and wait for Him to move in your life.










Focus on God's Promises

For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you! Isaiah 41:13

The Lord says to you this morning the same thing He told Jacob in a dream : "I am with you and will keep (watch over you with care, take notice of) you wherever you may go, and I will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done all of which I have told you." (Genesis 28:15). Keep your mind on this promise in spite of any news you may hear that tempts you to be afraid today.

God promises to be with you, watch over you with care, take notice of you wherever you may go, and bring you back again. He says He will not leave you, and He will complete all the promises He has made to you. This means that no weapon formed against you will prosper
(Isaiah 54:17) But no weapon will be able to hurt you; you will have an answer for all who accuse you. I will defend my servants and give them victory." The Lord has spoken.










Rededicate Yourself

O Lord, (earnestly) remember now how I have walked before You in faithfulness and truth and with a whole heart (entirely devoted to You) and have done what is good in Your sight. 2 Kings 20:3

" And Jacob awoke from his sleep and he said, Surely the Lord is in this place and I did not know it" (Genesis 28:16). Many times the Lord is with us, and we don't even know it. God is there with you even when circumstances seem out of control. He is already working everything together for your good.

" And Jacob rose early in the morning and took the stone he had put under his head, and he set it up for a pillar (a monument to the vision in his dream), and he poured oil on its top (in dedication)" (v18). Likewise, we should rededicate ourselves to God every morning.










Give Your All to God

Before I formed you in the womb I knew (and) approved of you (as My chosen instrument), and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; (and) I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:5

Every day you need to give yourself entirely to God. Say, " Lord, I am Yours. I want to be a vessel fit for Your use. I dedicate myself to You : I give You my hands, my mouth, my mind, my body, my money, and my time. Father, here I am. I am Yours; do with me whatever You want to do today."

Once you dedicate yourself to God, then go on about your business. But expect His leading all day long. Listen for His voice to direct you in the way you should go. Accept the challenge to be an instrument for the Lord's use today.










Grasp Every Chance

I will keep Your law continually, forever and ever (hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it). Psalm 119:44

You can meet with God while lying in bed. You don't have to be in a private room, with the door closed, bowed down on your knees to meet God. You can meet Him in the shower, while driving to work, or when stuck in a traffic jam.

I am not suggesting that you shouldn't set apart time for God. But you should also take advantage of any time you dohave that you could be talking and listening to the Lord. Don't wait to talk to Him until you have a full hour to spend with Him. Grasp every minute you can find to open your ears to His voice. Take advantage of the idle moments already available to you and spend time with God.











**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment