Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 13, March

Slow Down

Peace I leave with you; My (own) peace now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.) John 14:27

Hurrying affects our spiritual life. Jesus wasn't in a hurry. We can't even picture Him jumping up and saying to His disciples, " Come on, boys, get up. Up , up, up, up! get this camp meeting cleaned up. We have some preaching to do. Get the camels packed up, boys. Let's go,let's go!"

When we think about Jesus, we picture peace. He went slow enough to hear from God all day long. We should set our pace with His today.

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

1 comment:

  1. I'd imagine the disciples doing that more than Him to avoid the mobs.

    ReplyDelete