Sunday, October 4, 2009

Truth Applied - Love One Another

Intro

*James 2:8 tells us
"If you really keep the royal law found in scripture 'Love your neighbour as yourself, you are doing right."
*Truth does not change life, truth applied will change your life
*John 8:32 Jesus said
"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples, then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
*know = ginosko
not only to know, to come to know, to recognize, to perceive, to understand but to acknowledge one as own"
*..its more than mere interlectual recognition is intended.

1 John 3:11 The message you heard from the very beginning is this: we must love one another.

Romans 13:8 Be under obigation to no one --the only obligation you have is to love one another. Whoever does this has obeyed the Law.

1 Peter 1:22 Now that by your obedience to the truth you have purified yourselves and have come to have a sincere love for your fellow-believers, love one another earnestly with all your heart.

John 15:9-12 I love you just as the Father loves me; reamain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My commandment is this: love one another, just as I love you.

God lays a very heavy emphasis on "Loving One Another"
*Love doesn't come by naturally
*We either live selfishly
*Even stressing that if we can't forgive a brother who sins against us, God won't forgive us of our sins

2. Why do Christians have trouble doing it.
*because Christians, we start out with the habit of receiving not giving love
1 John 4:10 & 19
v10 This is what love is: it is not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the means by which our sins are forgiven.

v19 We love because God first loved us.

*We became Christians because He first loved us
*Words and actions gave a different appearance to ourselves.
*giving reconciliation is easy but taking the 1st step is hard.
*Need God to help us
*Love one another is not receiving, but giving
*Not a single one will be left out.
*As long as all parties work hard at it, all well ends well

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment