Sunday, November 8, 2009

Truth applied part 5

The One Who is in Me is Greater than the One in the World

Rev Ricky Ho

1 John 4:1-4

8/11/2009

Introduction
*You have the power of God at your disposal to do mighty things
*You may not have the abilities of superman, but you possess the power above all powers, the power of God

1. Your Secret Identity
* 1 John 4:4 .. He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world
*God + One = a majority
*Not sometimes but always
*For we are in Christ
*If you've made Christ your Lord, then he lives on the inside of you
*Don't let the truth of God fly over your head
*Galatians 2:20 so that it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.

*Christ is your "secret" identity
*He's the one on the inside of you, giving you power you need to face the day

2. Your "Super" Power
*You have the power to:-
cast out demons
Mark 5:1-8

power to heal
Mark 1:40-42

power to create (your own world)
Proverbs 18:21

*You can send a person to heal or to suicidal by your words
*There is a power on the inside of you to take the little that you have and turn into a lot!

Conclusion
*Do you want to be a hero or a villian?
*the choice is yours to use your power over good or evil
*Galatians 6:9 So let us not become tired of doing good; for if we do not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest.

*Use your "super" power and go save the world
*we need people to support us- people can bring you up there when you are down
*never give up. Press on!

I personally had a rough day for this few days. Settling the ptptn application was a real hectic moment as I had to clue on what to do and things just didnt fall into place. I needed people to certified with grace so graciously (lol) certified and brought me to uni to settle everything on a fri evening where the masive jam was just about to start. I couldnt stay back in uni as I had a wedding rehersal to play. Already that was hectic enough. The next day I had the wedding followed by gb, carolling, worship prac for tomorrow's service. From 11am-11pm i was dead tired but I knew that all in all, I wanted to serve the Lord. The next morning, I woke up and saw so many msgs. I realise that I forgot to come to say corporate prayer for the 1st service as I don't know where I got the perception that I only have to say corporate prayer during 2nd service. Everybody came asking and I had to apologize, feeling much guilt and shame to the myf, parents and everyone around me. I left it all to the Lord and I accept my own forgetfulness, not giving excuses but hoping to yearn for forgiveness. I know that the Lord must have a purpose for this. I played with all my heart and keep asking the Lord for strength in me even though I was tired. The sermon came and wow, it was as though God is speaking through me through Rev Ricky. I guess he's saying to me that when I am weak, then he is strong. I had to humble myself before people began praising my prayer. Its true I admit, we need each other to support us so that they could bring us from bottom to up. I owe it up to the Lord and he is the One that gave me the wisdom to write this prayer. I begin to realise that there are many other people facing worse situations than I am and I should not complain but be grateful that THE ONE WHO IS IN ME IS GREATER THAN THE ONE IN THE WORLD, me. Thank you Rev Ricky for the awesome sermons that applied so much in my life.

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment