Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Peace of the Puzzle

Rev Ricky Ho

20 December 2009

John 14:27 "Peace us what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.

*The world offers a christmas that is manufactured and designed according to its values and not the values of our bible.
*What then does Christmas mean to us?
*The presents are not important , its the message
*Have a room for the Prince of Peace
*Empty our hearts so Christ can come in

John 14:26 The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you.

*We need to focus on the Prince of Peace, then nothing can let us fall.
*We were separated from God by sin
*We would need a truly holy sacrifice that was free of any and all sin
*Jesus was and is that all powerful holy sacrifice
*He alone would restore the peace that was missing in our relationship with our heavenly father
*For that reason Jesus is called the Prince of Peace
*Jesus gives peace freely and entirely

*Do you get troubled at Christmas time?
*Do you get afraid?

Christmas reminds us that when Jesus was about to arrive as a baby, there was no place for him for there was no room in the inn.

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment