Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 10, December

Accept Responsibility

Finally, brethren, farewell (rejoice)! Be strengthened (perfected, completed, made what you ought to be); be encouraged and consoled and comforted; be of the same (agreeable) mind one with another; live in peace, and (then) the God of love (Who is the Source of affection, goodwill, love, and benevolence toward men) and the Author and Promoter of peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11

Each one of us needs to accept our responsibility to do what is right in God's eyes, whether others do the right thing or not. Otherwise we will have a standoff:

"Well, if you won't say you're sorry, then I won't say I'm sorry."
"You're not nice, so I'm not going to be nice,"
"You haven't give me a compliment in a year, so I'm not giving you one either."

That attitude gets relationship in trouble. God wants us to live above the pettiness of selfish arguments by loving one another.

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment