Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 5 & 6, September

Stay Out of Strife

He who is of a greedy spirit stirs up strife, but he who puts his trust in the Lord shall be enriched and blessed. Proverbs 28:25

Probably 80 percent of the places we visit in our ministry have church members who are riddled with strife. Strife is the devil's tool against us. It takes personal self-control to stay out of strife.

If you want to keep peace, you can't always say everything you want to say. Sometimes you have to control yourself and apologize even when there is nothing in you that wants to do so. But if you sow the godly principle of harmony and unity today, a time will come when you will reap the blessings of all it can bring to you.













Keep Your Promises

He who honors those who fear the Lord (who revere and worship Him); who swears to his own hurt and does not change; (he who) does not put out his money for interest (to one of his own people) and who will not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved. Psalm 15:4-5

There are times when I make a commitment to do something that later I regret. Then I try to figure out some way to get out of doing what I said I would do. I argue, "God, surely You don't want me to do this thing and miss this other great opportunity."

The only thing the Lord ever says to me is, "You gave your word. Be a woman of integrity, and I will bless you." If we are people of integrity, God will bring other good opportunities around another time with even more blessings.

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment