Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 21, September

Get Fit

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of caven and cringing and fawning fear), but (He has given us a spirit) of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7

"Every athlete who goes into training conducts himself temperately and restricts himself in all things" (1 Corinthians 9:25, emphasis mine). That word all is a difficult concept for us to grasp.

We need to live a disciplined life, physically, spiritually, and emotionally, if we want to enjoy God's plan for us. The fruit of the Spirit is self-control, and the fruit of the flesh is no control.

Paul said, "I buffet my body (handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships) and subdue it, for fear that after proclaming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit (not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit)" (1 Corinthians 9:27)

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment