Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 2 & 3, July

Follow God's Priorities

The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27

Many people try to feel spiritual by obeying religious laws. But they never get around to feeling good, because there is always one more law to follow. That is why God does not define our righteousness by our works, but by our faith in Jesus. We feel inner peace when we obey the voice of the Holy Spirit.

God may tell you that it is more important to give away your favourite personal possession, than to try to please Him by reading the Bible through in a year. He may say that it is more important to just remain silent, if He tells you to, than to volunteer for every activity at church. His ways are not our ways
Isaiah 55:8-9 "My thoughts," says the Lord, "are not like yours, and my ways are different from yours. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are my ways and thoughts above yours.
So learn to listen for His direction each day.












Have Fun

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men. Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Romans 14:17-19

Everything in your life doesn't have to be serious in order to be spiritual. If you are filled with God's Spirit, whatever you do has a spiritual connotation to it. You can live a holy life, and still enjoy your day.

God measures holiness by how quick we are to obey His voice. He promises that goodness and mercy will follow us if we seek His presence
Psalm 23:6 I know that your goodness and love will be with me all my life; and your house will be my home as long as I live.
He may even encourage you just to have fun today.


**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment