Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 22, 23, August

Get Rid of Hindrances

Purge (clean out) the old leaven that you may be fresh (new) dough, still uncontaminated (as you are), for Christ. 1 Corinthians 5:7

If you are serious about growing in the Lord and reaching a maturity of faith, you will embrace Matthew 5:29-30. It is a powerful Scripture which basically says: "If your eye offends you, pluck it out; if your hand offends you, cut it off."

In Corinthians 9:24-27, Paul said, "I am running a race, and I am running it to win. Therefore, I buffet my body, I subdue it, and I handle it roughly" (paraphrased).

If you have habits or hindrances in your life that are fouling you up, get rid of them. Do it now! Don't waste today with regret. Ask God to show you any area in your life that needs discipline, and then draw from His vast supply of grace to make the changes you need to make.













Control Your Moods

Receive instruction in wise dealing and the discipline of wise thoughtfulness, righteousness, justice, and integrity. Proverbs 1:3

Moods can bring strange impulses that we dare not heed. When we get moody, we want to do weird things, or neglect our responsibilities.

"I don't feel like doing anything today. I am in a bad mood. Just leave me alone."

Disciplined people submit their emotions to wisdom. They say, "These are my feelings, but I don't live by my feelings. I may have moods, but they don't dictate my actions. I am going to do exactly what I would do if I felt better." You will enjoy your day more when you discipline yourself to do what you believe, instead of what you feel.



**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment