Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 10, August

Win the Race

But (like a boxer) I buffet my body (handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships) and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit (not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit). 1 Corinthians 9:27

It is easy to leave unpleasant tasks for later. But God wants His people to finish the race that He sets before them to run

2 Timothy 4:7 I have done my best in the race, I have run the full distance, and I have kept the faith.

Don't be afraid to do what seems to be hard. God will anoint you to do whatever He tells you to do.

Paul spoke of this race for the sake of the gospel in 1 Corinthians 9:23-26 : "So run (your race) that you may lay hold (of the prize) and make it yours."

He said to run with definite aim, and to discipline yourself to finish the race. Grace will make winning easier than you imagined.

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment