Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 15 & 16, June

Recognize Your Calling

That is why I would remind you to stir up (rekindle the embers of, fan the flame of, and keep burning) the (gracious) gift of God, (the inner fire) that is in you. 2 Timothy 1:6

Before I(the author) knew I was called to preach, I would privately repreach entire sermons I had just heard, thinking, I would have said this, and, I would have done that. Then, I would think, Women don't preach! But my spirit was stirred by the preacher's anointing because I had the same anointing.

If you are called to do something, you will get stirred up in the presence of someone operating in that same anointing. For example, if you have an anointing to lead worship, or to do special music, you will probably get more excited about the music than the sermon being preached. When in doubt, ask God to make clear your calling.












Iron Sharpens Iron

Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend (to show rage or worthy purpose). Proverbs 27:17

If you want to do something for God, then don't associate with people who do nothing. You may have to drastically change your life if you want to move on with what God has called you to do. Spend time with people who know how to use their ways well.

Just as iron sharpens iron, positive people will inspire you to be positive. Godly people will inspire you to use your faith to do for the Lord what is in your heart to do. Spend time with people who are doing something for the Lord. Elisha go a double portion of Elijah's anointing, but he had to associate with Elijah for a long time to get it

2Kings 2:1-14 The time came for the Lord to take Elijah up to heaven in a whirlwind. Elijah and Wlisha set out from Gilgal, and on the way Elijah said to Elisha, "Now stay here; the Lord has ordered me to go to Bethel."

But Elisha answered, "I swear by my loyalty to the living Lord and to you that I will not leave you." So they went on to Bethel.

A group of prophets who lived there went to Elisha and asked him, "Do you know that the Lord is going to take your master away from you today?"

"Yes, I know," Elisha answered. "But let's not talk about it."

Then Elijah said to Elisha, "Now stay here; the Lord has ordered me to go to Jericho."

But Elisha answered, "I swear by my loyalty to the living Lord and to you that I will not leave you." So they went to Jericho.

A group of prophets who lived there went to Elisha and asked him, "Do you know that the Lord is going to take your master away from you today?"

"Yes, I know," Elisha answered. "But let's not talk about it."

Then Elijah said to Elisha, "Now stay here; the Lord has ordered me to go to the River Jordan."

But Elisha answered, "I swear by my loyalty to the living Lord and to you that I will not leave you." So they went on, and fifty of the prophets followed them to the Jordan. Elijah and Elisha stopped by the river, and the fifty prophets stood a short distance away. Then Elijah took off his cloak, rolled it up, and struck the water with it; the water divided, and he and Elisha crossed to the other side on dry ground. There, Elijah said to Elisha, "Tell me what you want me to do for you before I am taken away."

"Let me receive the share of your power that will make me your successor," Elisha answered.

"That is a difficult request to grant," Elijah replied. "But you will receive it if you see me as I am being taken away from you; if you don't see me, you won't receive it."

They kept talking as they walked on; then suddenly a chariot of fire pulled by horses of fire came between them, and Elijah was taken up to heaven by a whirlwind. Elisha saw it and cried out to Elijah, "My father, my father! Mighty defender of Israel! You are gone!" And he never saw Elijah again.

In grief, Elisha tore his cloak in two. Then he picked up Elijah's cloak that had fallen from him, and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan. He struck the water with Elijah's cloak and said, "Where is the Lord, the God of Elijah?" Then he struck the water again, and it divided, and he walked over to the other side.

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment