Monday, August 23, 2010

Human Trafficking

Jason Elsmore- Senior Pastor Gateway Baptist

August 22nd 2010

Human Traffiking- Trapped

Luke 4:18: 
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed.


*Nobody likes to be trapped
*Feel trapped financially, through assignments, parents, home
*You don't feel you got power
*Pain and damage is huge, affected physically, mentally, sexually
*27 million people understand how is it
*Human traffiking is illegal- mainly because of corruption and poverty
*"Just like used battery, once the slave exhausts his or her usefulness, another can be preoccured"
*Illegal trade in human beings for purposes of commercial sexual exploitation or bounded labour by means of threat, force or another deceptive measures
*10-17 year olds with 20 men, locked to see men all night
*Tricked, getting own income for family
*God hates slavery
*God is a loving father
*Nation of Israel, trapped in the land of Egypt for 40 years
*He hears them
*Exodus 3:7-8: The Lord said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.

*Someone has power, we want them to use their power for good
*"So therefore, I have come down to rescue them.."
*Exodus 6:6-7: "Therefore, say to the Israelites: 'I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgement. I will take you as my on people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.

*Redeem with outstretch arm, he is furious, cranky that his children are trapped in misery
*When you get cranky and furious, you want to throw a punch or throw something to him/her

1. He hears their prayers
2. He uses his power to heal


*God today still uses great power, using ordinary people to work
*He unleased his power to rescue them
*Moses was doubtful, he says he's just an ordinary man, all jittery in speech but God says to trust
*God is capable to release thousand of slaves in one single night
*He establishes war so that no one can be slaves
*Leviticus 25:39-41 (Year of Jubilee= 50 years)
"If one of your countrymen becomes poor among you and sells himself to you, do not make him work as a slave. He is to be treated as a hire worker or a temporary resident among you; he is to work for you until the Year of Jubilee. Then he and his children are to be released, and he will go back to his own clan and to the property of his forefathers.

*Cancel their debts after 50 years, let them go and experience what you have

3. He send his son so that we could be really free
*He establish laws
*Luke 4:18: 
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed.

*Summary of what he is going to do
*Jesus is always talking about God releasing people (giving freedom) financially, spiritually, sexually, mentally
*He sent his son to set captives free
*God's heart is to set his people free
*He is looking for people to fill his fury, to trust his power, to be his hands and feet
*Biggest miracle- watching Jesus change these girls
*hunger for worship and doing devotions

*Romans 1:16: I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first the Jews, then for the Gentile.

*Power of salvation is for anyone who recieves
*Jesus is setting captives today

Practical things
1. Speak up- world vision, www.stopthe traffik.org.au
2. Give generously -wealth comes great power, to do good or bad
3. Pray persistently- hard journey for the girls
4. Love unswervingly - He looks and sees his people suffering and wants us to love them

*Let God break your heart.


**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment