Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 7,8,9 April

Make It A Habit

Besides this you know what (a critical) hour this is, how it is high time now for you to wake up our of your sleep (rouse o reality). For salvation (final deliverance) is nearer to us now than when we first believed (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Christ, the Messiah). Romans 13:11

The Word says that Jesus had a habit of going up the mountain to spend time with God. Luke 22:39 says, " And He came out and went, as was His habit, to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples also followed Him." Jesus formed a habit of communicating with God every morning.

It has been said that if you do something consistently for thirty days, it will become a habit. You can either make or break a habit by consistently doing the same thing. Follow Jesus, and form a habit of starting your day with prayer.













Require God's Presence

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and (insistently) require : that I may dwell in the house of the Lord (in His presence) all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty (the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness) of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple. Psalm 27:4

When I first became a Christian, I didn't desire to pray as much as I do now. Although I do spend time with God every morning, I also spend time with Him all day. It seems that I walk in prayer.

In her powerful book, Experiencing God through Prayer, Madame Guyon says there is a difference between praying to God and experiencing Him. At first you must discipline yourself to pray, but eventually you will give yourself to the ocean of God's love, and experience HIs continual presence.













Pray Anywhere

Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are those who dwell in Your house and Your presence; they will be singing Your praises all the day long. Selah (pause, and calmly think of that)! Psalm 84:4

Once in the habit of spending time with God, you will miss these encounters if you start your day without talking and listening to Him. You can spend time with God anywhere, while doing anything-- in the grocery store, or while cleaning house, for example. I have had great encounters with God while driving my car.

God is always listening for the sound of your voice calling out to Him. Develop a ready ear for His voice too. Whatever you have to do today, do it with the Lord. Acknowledge Him and talk to Him about everything. You will greatly enjoy His company.

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment