Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 3,4,5, & 6, April

Pray Before Answering

For (of course) I will not venture (presume) to speak thus of any work except what Christ has actually done through me (as an instrument in His hands) to win obedience from the Gentiles, by word and deed. Romans 15:18

The Father has sent to us a Counselor- the Spirit of Truth - who teaches us all things

John 14:16,17,26 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, who will stay with you for ever. He is the Spirit who reveals the truth about God. The world cannot receive him, because it cannot see him or know him. But you know him, because he remains with you and is in you. The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you.

As we stay sensitive to God's leading, He will direct us. If we pray before speaking, the Lord will keep us from overcommitting our time, and from misleading people.

Jesus took time to listen to the Father before speaking. God will also give us "a word in due season" for somebody

Proverbs 15:23 What a joy it is to find just the right word for the right occasion!

If we listen for His input before we give what we may think is a right answer. God will give us the right words to say if we expectantly listen for His direction before we speak.













Aim Higher!

Therefore I do not run uncertainly (without definite aim). I do not box like one beating the air and striking without an adversary. But (like a boxer) I buffet my body (handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships) and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit (not stand the test, beunapproved and rejected as a counterfeit). 1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Excessive sleep causes the downfall of many good plans. You can set the clock to get up early and pray, but your flesh is not going to help you get up in the morning. Your body will nearly always beg for more sleep.

Don't let your flesh rob you of time with God. Aim for the higher goal, and wake up with your alarm to enjoy the best minutes of your day.












Start Moving

Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord... who satisfies your mouth (your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation) with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's (strong, overcoming, soaring)! Psalm 103:1,5

Proverbs 6:4 says, " Give not (unnecssary) sleep to your eyes, not slumber to your eyelids. " The Bible is saying, " Get the sleep you need, but then wake up!" Too much sleep beings poverty. It is like a robber who steals from you and makes you helpless

Proverbs 6:11 But while he sleeps, poverty will attack him like an armed robber.

Too little sleep will ruin your day too. Being tired and cranky doesn't help you hear from God. Make rest a priority, but then get up. Start moving first thing in the morning, saying, " Thank You, Lord, that i am alive for another day with You. I believe I am anointed to do what You ask me to do today. My youth is renewed like the eagle's, just as You promised."












Love Not Sleep

My eyes anticipate the night watches and I am awake before the cry of the watchman, that I may meditate on Your word. Psalm 119:148

It is interesting that our popular greeting is " Good morning." Somewhere along the way, someone realized that if we get started off right in the morning, we will have a good day.

Proverbs 20:13 says, " Love not sleep, lest you come to poverty; open your eyes and you will be satisfied with bread." And Psalm 57:8-9 encourages us to wake up ready to sing praises : "Awake, my glory (my inner self); awake, harp and lyre! I will awake right early ( I will awaken the dawn)! I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations."





**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment