Monday, February 14, 2011

"The Power Of Persistent Prayer"

Rev Ricky Ho

Daniel 10:12-14: Then he said, "Daniel, don't be afraid. God has heard your prayers ever since the first day you decided to humble yourself in order to gain understanding. I have come in answer to your prayer. The angel prince of the kingdom of Persia opposed me for twenty-one days. Then Micheal, one of the chief angels, came to help me, because I had been left there alone in Persia. I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the future. This is a vision about the future.


Luke 18:1-7: Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to teach them that they should always pray and never become discouraged. "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that same town who kept coming to him and pleading for her rights, saying, 'Help me against my opponent!' For a long time the judge refused to act, but at last he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or respect man, yet because of all the trouble this widow is giving me, I will see to it that she gets her rights. If I don't, she will keep on coming and finally wear me out!'"


And the Lord continued, "Listen to what that corrupt judge said. Now, will God not judge in favour of his own people who cry to him day and night for help? Will he be slow to help them?

Jesus taught us we should always pray and not give up

*Hardly any of us pray for the same thing for 21 days
*Whats the point of praying the same thing when God already knows
*God asks us to be consistent with our prayer
*David prayed for the sins of the Israelites, wisdom, prayer in his room and lions den 3 times a day
*Jesus point was on the persistent widow, we ought to pray and never give up

1. Why should we always pray and not give up
*No, in fact, as soon as you begin to pray, an answer is given
*Daniel 9:23: When you began to plead with God, he answered you. He loves you, and so I have come to tell you the answer. Now pay attention while I explain the vision.

*Our theology sometimes deny spiritual warfare because when we pray, an angel is at the back.

2. When you pray, angels are at your beck and call
*The story of Daniel's prayer says it all
*When Daniel prayed demonic forces rose up (the prince of Persia) and angelic warfare broke out which means:
- we turn loose the very power of heaven
-we have the power to battle the very forces of darkness
-angels are willing to answer your prayers
*Do you pray for your loved ones to come to the Lord
*Prayer is an active, powerful ministry

3. What might have happened when we give up
*Every time we pray, we unleash more and more power from the throne of God

Conclusion
*Pray. Until. Something. Happens. PUSH your prayers!
*If you believe in prayer, pray and persist in prayer in times of troubles!



**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment