Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yours faithfully

Pastor Ricky Ho

18/12/2011

1. Faithful
Acts 20:17-27:17 From Miletus, Paul sent to Ephesus for the elders of the church. 18 When they arrived, he said to them: “You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. 19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears and in the midst of severe testing by the plots of my Jewish opponents. 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.
 22 “And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
 25 “Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you. 27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God.

*Adjective
*Minister of God must be faithful in
-serving the Lord
vs 18-20
-preaching the gospel
vs 21
-finishing the course
vs 24-27

2. Faithfulness 
*noun
*true to the fact of the original
*steadfastness of stability
*reliability or dependability - God can depend of you to save souls
*We should resolve faithfulness rather than popularity
*The world is watching us
*The saints of God must
-be on guard
vs 28
-protect the church
-be alert
vs 31-32
-Remember God's love
vs 35
*We must not be single minded
*Many people use religion for financial purposes
*We should share with others God's love
*We should start thinking for our future generation
*Always embrace the good things rather than bad things of the church

3. Faithfully
*Adverb
*Actions that one does "in a royal manner"
*All of us must
-Pray
vs 36
-Remember 
vs 37
-Begin anew
vs 38
*We make mistakes in the past but God is gracious
*Nobody is perfect, only Jesus


**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment