Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Centrality of Christ

Greetings and Prayer

Rev Dr Timothy Ong

1st January 2012

*Passionate church- more of Jesus in our church
*Philippians 1:1: 1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,    To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons

*Paul gives a personal introduction
*The saints are the call of people like you and me
*The work of grace is going to lead us on till eternity
*We must be able to live peacefully with each other and remove the blockages to experience the full peace of God
1. Praying for one another
*Remembering one another with thanksgiving to God (v3)
 3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 


*Appreciating one another's contribution and works in ministry (v4)
4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 


*Galatians 5:22: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

*Remember to pray for our town, spouse, the sick, and ourselves
*We must desire the best for each other
*Philippians 1:6: 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

2.Our feeling towards one another (v7,8)
*Bonding and oneness in God's grace (v7)
7 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me.

*Affection in Jesus Christ (v8)
8 God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. 


*If we're concern for others, we should pray for them
3. Our desire for each other (v9-11)
*Growing in the knowledge and insight of Christs' love
*Knowledge through learning
*Insight through learning from others
*Producing fruit of righteouness
*Remembering one another and not taking them for granted
*We should have more of His grace as we interact with one another
*Working inclusive and exclusive of the Holy Spirit
Closing thoughts
*How to have more of Christ in us?
*Praying for all these to be realized


 

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment