Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Running away like Jonah!

Micah 6:6-8
: What shall I bring to the Lord, the God of heaven, when I come to worship him? Shall I bring the best calves to burn as offerings to him? Will the Lord be pleased if I bring him thousands of sheep or endless streams of olive-oil? Shall I offer him my first-born child to pay for my sins? No, the Lord has told us what is good. What he required of us is this: to do what is just, to show constant love, and to live in humble fellowship with our God.

2 Chronicles 7:14
: if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again.

*God acts in holy judgement against Christians for 'running away'
*increasing persecution

*God acts in gracious love when we repent and return to him

**Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path**

No comments:

Post a Comment